<$BlogRSDUrl$>

So Much Stuff I Can't Recall

Friday, March 12, 2004

Say Hello to My Little Friend

Okay, he won't be here until Tuesday, but here's a picture.

After 20-ish years as a PC user, I'm making "the switch." Not a full switch, but enough of one to learn how a Mac works. It's likely that with the notebook form factor that I'll make the Mac my non-surfing/non-gaming computer of choice.

Why switch now? It looks like we're going to start Phil in nursery school (or at least daycare) soon, so a) I'll need to find a job to occupy my time and b) I'll need a job to pay for Phil's new activities. Most jobs in publishing or design require Mac experience, so I'm gonna get me some.

I went the refurbished route through Apple and saved 20%. It's eligible for the extended warrantee, so I'm covered for repairs and phone support for the next 3 years.

Plus, it's a new gadget to review ... I'm so excited!


Mikesell

0 Snarky Remarks:

Get snarky